Where to file

You file your divorce petition in the Superior Court in the County where you reside. If your spouse resides in a different county, you have the option of filing in the county where your spouse resides. The proper county to file is referred to as “venue”. For proper “venue”, you or your spouse must have been a resident of the county where you file your petition for at least three months before you file.

¿Hable Español?